Frequently Asked Questions about the United City Conference 2017
When, Where, and What time is the UC conference this year?
- When: Friday, January 20th and Saturday, January 21st
- Where: Harrison School of the arts theater, Lakeland, FL
- Friday: 6-7pm- Business/Ministry expo 7-9 pm Evening session
- Saturday: 10am-12:30pm Service project 3:30-6pm Leaders roundtable 6-7pm – B/M Expo 7-9pm Evening session
What is the purpose or goal of this conference?
- The United City conference happens annually and seeks to simply foster unity of the citizens of Lakeland, by worshipping God together, praying together, and serving the Lakeland community together. Throughout the weekend, there will be ways to connect to local business’ and ministries (via the Expo) and to see what God is ALREADY doing in our city. This Expo gives people a chance to join and connect with different organizations throughout Lakeland, and also brings an awareness of these business’ and ministries to local people. The United City conference is purposeful space for connections and networking of the people of Lakeland, which in essence is uniting the city.
What is the Leaders Roundtable?
- The leaders roundtable is a workshop that is open to anyone serving in a leadership role! It is from 3:30-6pm on Saturday and will be led by Ray and Gwen Allen. This workshop specifically focuses on racial reconciliation in leadership. They will navigate us thru discussions about race relations here in our community. It will be a place to ask hard questions, get diverse perspectives from local leaders & bring unified actions for a Kingdom impact in our city!
Whats the cost of the conference? How do I register?
- The conference is FREE for everyone! Donations are gladly accepted! The homepage of this website has a “Sign Up Today” button, click on it, and fill in the information required, This will add you to the email subscription to get updates on United City. Simple and quick!
What does the service project entail?
- Every year, UC partners with various ministries throughout Lakeland to help feed the hungry, clean facilities, organize and repair warehouses, paint new homes, prepare food, and even clean outside areas of Lakeland. In 2016, we compiled 4,000 service hours in one day, and our goal this year is to exceed 5,000 hours of service to our city. Come join us this year, as we partner with The Dream center of Lakeland to highlight their efforts and serve them in various capacities.
Is United City on social media?
- YES! Click here for the Facebook page
- Follow us on Instagram @uc_lakeland for updates!
- Hashtag: #loveourcity
All other questions can be answered AT THE CONFERENCE! See you there!